Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lost in the Fog

Thank you to Sr. Guadalupe Medina, OSF
for presenting the following poem written by Joyce Rupp
during our faith sharing meeting!

"Quiet mystery,
today the earth wears mufflers on her ears.
Heavy wet clouds disguise the silent land.
The city is a giant mound of bleary white
with dense fog permeating everything.
Even the sparrow's song sounds thick.
In the concealing mist of morning,
street lights blur with masked revelation,
and walkers are lost in a veil of obscurity.

Secret one of my soul,
portions of the land within me are dimly lit,
answers to my daily struggles are hazy,
and direction for my future lies hidden.
Often I lose my way as I meander in this inner fog,
struggling to find the path of some deeper peace.

As I reach out in this dim state of my inner domain,
I cry out for you and find you there,
safely leading me amid the mystery.
Quiet me, as fog quiets the external world,
so that I can listen more intently to you.
Draw me further into surrender.
Rest me in your comforting stillness,
and let me be content with what is unclear."

Reflect today on the 'foggy' areas in your life, what aspects need greater clarity and vision?  How are you responding to these foggy areas?


No comments:

Post a Comment