Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Anne Frank

~From the diary of Anne Frank~

In spite of everything, I still believe
that people are really good at heart.
I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation
consisting of confusion, misery, and death.
I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness,
I hear the ever-approaching thunder, which will destroy us, too,
I can feel the suffering of millions, and yet,
if I look up into the heavens,
I think that it will all come right,
that this cruelty will end,
and that peace and tranquility will return again.
In the meantime, I must uphold my ideals,
for perhaps the time will come
when I shall be able to carry them out.

As we begin Advent on Sunday and head into the Christmas season, reflect on the foundation that you build your hopes and dreams on.  What does that foundation look like?  When you look into the heavens, do you feel that all will come out right?  The Frank family, and certainly Anne as a teenager, chose to uphold their ideals in the face of persecution.

In this time of Advent waiting, focus on the idea that peace and tranquility will return again!

No comments:

Post a Comment